Scoil Mhuire Room 2

Scoil Mhuire Room 2

Wednesday 29 June 2016

Sight Words

Sight words are commonly used words that young children are encouraged to memorise as a whole by sight, so that they can automatically recognise these words in print without having to use any strategies to decode them.

We have learned 40 sight words.


a, big, can, down, go, help, I, jump, little, not, play, red, the, up, we, yellow, and, blue, here, in, is, it, me, run, see, to, my, funny, one, two, three, look, you, said, make, for, come, find, away, where.


To introduce each word I read a story which contains the word on each page.

You can read these stories with your children. Ask your child to find the words they know.
Some stories are a pdf file from mothershubbard.com, others are in powerpoint.

a



big






can



down





go



help




I



jump



little




not




play



red




the



up



we



yellow



and



blue



here




in




is



it



me



run




see




to





my




funny






one

 



two





three




look



you



said



make

 



for



come


away



find



where

No comments:

Post a Comment